Traditional vs Modern Farming
Traditional farming and Modern farming differ from each other in a big way. Traditional farming adheres to the traditional methods of agriculture. On the other hand, modern farming experiments with the implementation of advanced technology in the field of agriculture. This is the main difference between them.
Traditional farming makes use of the traditional and age old agriculture equipment. On the other hand, modern farming makes use of the modern equipment. Technology-intensive farming methods are used in modern farming.
Traditional farming tolerated the unpredictable environment better than modern farming that relies heavily on modern procedures and equipment. Traditional farming is characterized by low-input husbandry, whereas modern farming is characterized by high-input husbandry.
Traditional farming may yield less, but there is sufficient quality attached to its yield. On the other hand, modern farming may fall short of quality as far as its yield is concerned thanks to the overuse of the modern and technological equipment in its processes and procedures. Thus, it is an accepted fact that traditional farming is laden with quality.
Another important difference between traditional farming and modern farming is that traditional farming needs great amount of labor and hence, the job opportunities provided to laborers are more. On the other hand, modern farming does not need great amount of labor since the machines take care of everything. Hence, the job opportunities provided to laborers are comparatively poor and less.
Pesticides, plant breeding, agronomy, antibiotics related to animal husbandry, hormones are some of the methods used in modern farming. Most of these methods are not employed in traditional farming. On the other hand, traditional farming relies more on the traditional and home made preparations to ward of pests and insects. These are the important differences between traditional farming and modern farming.
Filed Under: AgricultureTagged With: agriculture, high-input husbandry, low-input husbandry, Modern farming, Traditional farming
- Does pondering philosophy make you wiser
- Computer science projects
- Whats more important physical connection or emotional
- How does the cervix close after childbirth
- Would you consider adopting a teenager
- Why are traditions essential in Judaism
- What is Quickbooks Enterprise Error
- How do I start learning android coding
- Why is the ClF3 bond unequal
- What makes some women like single dads
- Should Saudi Arabia face more criticism
- Which branch of engineering is most theoretical
- Are California king snakes venomous
- Why do I forgive people too easily
- How can I make him feel loved
- How does JSON work
- Who is a true Kannadiga
- What causes white mold on cheese
- Should anything be possible
- Is it true nature is unforgiving